Gravelroad Music is very pleased to present TWO new CDs in excellent sound, as fans have come to expect from us! We do listen, and present these shows in two beautiful packages.
- Both are deluxe digipack filled with related photos and show reviews
- For the first time, our October 14, 1976 disc has all the tracks are in their proper sequence
- Distortion and hiss have been removed
- Tape damage has been repaired, The sound balance is corrected
- Both recordings now feature more detail, with a fresh, clear sound
On top of this, both evenings are of a very high standard for Elvis in 1976. This should explain why Gravelroad Music is now offering fans these two great nights!
These shows are direct 24Bit transfers from the original soundboard tapes. Only the quality of reel to soundboard tape transfer limits the reproduction to CD.
ELVIS - THE HIT THAT SAVES THE DAY – THE CHICAGO CHRONICLES VOLUME 1
14.10.1976, Thursday (8:30 P.M.) Chicago, IL, Chicago Stadium
When Elvis stepped onstage Thursday night at the Chicago Stadium, the audience was in for a pleasant surprise. In a phone conversation with old friend Red West, Presley revealed that his painful colon condition had gone into remission.
Thanks to this fortuitous circumstance, Elvis looked better than he had for several years. He was decked out in his Inca Gold Leaf suit, which had not been worn since 1974. And he gave a far better show than he had on earlier dates that year.
This time he interacted with his audience a lot more, treating the proceedings with far less formality. The fans certainly enjoyed the chance to see a little bit more of his personality.
01. Also Sprach Zarathustra 02. C. C. Rider 03. I Got A Woman/Amen 04. Love Me 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) 06. You Gave Me A Mountain 07. Jailhouse Rock 08. All Shook Up 09. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel 10. And I Love You So 11. Fever 12. Polk Salad Annie 13. Band Introductions 14. Early Mornin' Rain (John Wilkinson, with false start) 15. What'd I Say (James Burton) 16. Johnny B. Goode (James Burton) 17. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) 18. Bass Solo #1 (Blues - Jerry Scheff) 19. Bass Solo #2 (Battle Of New Orleans - Jerry Scheff, incomplete) 20. Piano Solo (Tony Brown) 21. Electric Piano Solo (David Briggs) 22. Love Letters 23. School Day 24. Hurt 25. Hurt (full reprise) 26. Love Me Tender 27. Hound Dog 28. Funny How Time Slips Away 29. Mystery Train / Tiger Man 30. Can't Help Falling In Love 31. Closing Vamp - Running time: 69:18
"ELVIS – LOVE AMERICAN STYLE - THE CHICAGO CHRONICLES VOLUME 2"
15.10.1976, Friday (8:30 P.M.) Chicago, Illinois, Chicago StadiumElvis' Friday night show had actually been scheduled to be the tour opener, with the Thursday night performance being added due to overwhelming demand.
Wearing his Indian Feather Suit, Elvis sounds more confident than he had the night before.
01. Also Sprach Zarathustra 02. C. C. Rider 03. I Got A Woman / Amen 04. Love Me 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) 06. You Gave Me A Mountain 07. Help Me (with false start) 08. Jailhouse Rock 09. All Shook Up10. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel 11. And I Love You So 12. Steamroller Blues 13. Band Introductions 14. Early Mornin' Rain 15. What'd I Say 16. Johnny B. Goode 17. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) 18. Bass Solo (Blues - Jerry Scheff) 19. Piano Solo (Tony Brown) 20. Electric Piano Solo (David Briggs) 21. Love Letters (incomplete) 22. School Day 23. Hurt (with reprise) 24. Hound Dog 25. It's Now Or Never 26. Blue Christmas 27. Can't Help Falling In Love 28. Closing Vamp - Running time: 60:40
Source: Gravel Road Music / EpGold